London, January 13: Barcelona appear ready to turn to their next coaching target as the LaLiga giants eye Mauricio Pochettino.
Ernesto Valverde is under enormous pressure after the Supercopa de Espana semi-final loss to Atletico Madrid, but Xavi has reportedly turned down the job – for now.
Amid contrasting reports over Barca's next decision, they may be lining up a move for Pochettino.
TOP STORY – BARCA CONTACT POCHETTINO OVER COACHING JOB
Barcelona contacted former Tottenham manager Pochettino to be their next boss, according to RAC1.
It comes as widespread reports in Spain say Al Sadd boss and former Barcelona star Xavi turned down the position.
Meanwhile, Catalunya Radio reported Netherlands coach Ronald Koeman also rejected the opportunity.
After a meeting on Sunday, Barca decided to stick with Valverde for now, according to Sport.
- Amid reports Manchester United had agreed to terms with Bruno Fernandes, the Mirror says the Premier League club are set to bid £65million (€76.1m) for the Sporting CP midfielder this week.
- Tottenham are set to sign Benfica's Gedson Fernandes as further details about a possible move emerge. Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano reports Spurs will sign the Portugal international on loan with an option to buy for between £42.7m (€50m) and £51.2m (€60m) in 2021.
- Jerome Boateng continues to be linked with a Bayern Munich exit. Milan are ready to challenge Arsenal for the defender, according to Sky Germany.
- Coming out of contract at season's end, it appears Layvin Kurzawa's future is away from Paris Saint-Germain. L'Equipe reports the left-back – who has made just five Ligue 1 starts this campaign – recently rejected Inter but the Serie A club remain hopeful of signing the 27-year-old this month.
- Juventus are looking to the future. CalcioMercato reports the Serie A champions are keeping an eye on teenage Ajax midfielder Ryan Gravenberch and AZ forward Calvin Stengs.