Barcelona, September 9: Lionel Messi's Barcelona contract is making headlines.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu confirmed Messi has a get-out clause in his deal.
Now, a move across the pond could be on the cards for the Argentina superstar…
TOP STORY – MESSI CONSIDERING MLS
Barcelona captain Lionel Messi could leave Camp Nou for MLS, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Messi has an annual exit option in his deal and the five-time Ballon d'Or winner could swap Spain for the United States.
Mundo Deportivo desvela que Bartomeu quiere ofrecerle al argentino un contrato vitalicio una vez se supo que puede irse gratishttps://t.co/Zd7bpAL1qS— AS (@diarioas) September 8, 2019
It comes as the Catalan giants look to offer Messi – who has been linked to David Beckham's Inter Miami franchise – a lifetime contract.
- Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is set to sign a new contract, reports Il Messaggero. The Serbia international midfielder – contracted until 2023 – was linked to Manchester United, Inter, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain during the transfer window. However, Lazio are looking to include a release clause of at least €100million.
- Tuttosport, meanwhile, says Inter are targeting Milinkovic-Savic and Fiorentina star Federico Chiesa.
- According to AS, Real Madrid are lining up Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek for the 2020-21 season. Van de Beek was heavily linked to Madrid prior to the transfer deadline but a move did not materialise.
- Manchester City continue to be linked to Inter centre-back Milan Skriniar. Tuttosport says Pep Guardiola wants to sign the star defender in January following Aymeric Laporte's knee injury.
- Corriere dello Sport claims Dries Mertens could move to China, Belgium or the USA on a free transfer when his Napoli contract expires at the end of the season.
- According to the Daily Star, Adidas played a crucial role in keeping Paul Pogba at Manchester United. Reports linked Pogba to Real Madrid and Juventus but the Frenchman remained at Old Trafford.