London, January 22: The race for Erling Haaland's signature will be a huge story in 2022.
The 21-year-old sensation has interest from some of Europe's biggest clubs.
Haaland has netted 63 goals in the past 18 months for Borussia Dortmund.
TOP STORY – MAN UTD GIVE UP ON HAALAND
Manchester United have pulled out of the race to sign Dortmund's Haaland, according to ESPN.
The Red Devils will focus on alternative attacking options with uncertainty around Edinson Cavani and Cristiano Ronaldo's futures at the club while Haaland is favouring a move to Real Madrid.
United have had a long-standing interest in the Norwegian, who has a €75 million (£62m) release clause on his Dortmund contract.
- Manchester City are closing in on a deal for River Plate's 21-year-old Argentina international Julian Alvarez, claims The Telegraph. As part of the imminent deal, Alvarez – who has interest from Milan, Inter and Juventus – will remain with River until June. The fee is expected to be no less than £20m.
- Liverpool have joined the race to sign Borussia Monchengladbach's Denis Zakaria, according to ESPN. The Reds will rival Dortmund and Bayern Munich who are both keen on the Swiss midfielder.
- Ajax's Mexico international Edson Alvarez is attracting interest from Premier League trio Chelsea, Leicester City and Crystal Palace, reports Football Insider.
- Leeds United have opened contract talks with Brazilian superstar Raphinha, according to the Daily Star, amid interest from Chelsea and Liverpool .
- French club Nice are set to offer Tottenham's Bryan Gil a loan deal, according to L'Equipe. The Spaniard has struggled for impact since his move to England.
- Diario AS claims that Valencia are working on a January deal for Athletic Bilbao defender Unai Nunez .