Bengaluru, Aug 10: This week’s episode of WWE NXT 2.0 was the final one before the 2022 Heatwave. As expected, a few matches were therefore added to the special event set for next week.
Nikkita Lyons came back to action against her current rival while the main event featured NXT Women’s Champion’s recruit trying to take out her current challenger in a match. Plus, an agreement was also signed between two faction leaders of NXT.
Check out the recap and results from the August 9 episode of WWE NXT 2.0 that took place at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida:
- Nikkita Lyons defeated Kiana James in the opening match of the night. Lyons picked up the win in this short match with her unique cross-leg-drop finisher. After the match, James laid her out with a steel chair from behind.
- Tony D’Angelo and Santos Escobar appeared in a final accord segment after Escobar’s comeback from last week cost D’Angelo and Channing “Stacks” Lorenzo the opportunity to win the NXT Tag Team titles.
- Arianna Grace defeated Thea Hail (with Chase University members) with a big boot followed by a fireman's carry slam in a match that lasted for barely three minutes.
- Apollo Crews defeated Roderick Strong in the next match. Crews overcame some technical moves from Strong and planted Strong with a Backbreaker followed by a chokeslam variant for the pin to win.
Kit tagged in and hit the Spilt Milk for the pin to win. Fallon Henley was celebrating the victory but Lash Legend attacked her from behind.
- Zoey Stark defeated Cora Jade in the main event match of WWE NXT. Jade tried to cheat her way to the win using her skateboard. But Roxanne Perez arrived at ringside and took it away from her. Stark hit her finisher to get the pin to win.