CAB refers IPL stalemate to SGM

Kolkata, Feb 18 (UNI) CAB president Prasun Mukherjee today said the West Bengal body had decided in its working committee meeting to refer the stalemate regarding distribution tickets during the IPL matches to Special General Body meeting on February 26 for a final solution.

Talking to the media after a longish working committee meeting, Mr Mukherjee said, '' Today I formally apprise the members of the working committee the problem regarding distribution of tickets. All the members want the IPL matches to be held in Eden Gardens. They came up with certain solutions that we will discuss in the SGM. '' Told about the suggestion given by Sourav Ganguly that CAB should buy tickets if necessary, he said, '' That is Sourav (Ganguly)'s idea. But this is an administrative matter and this will not be possible. '' '' More importantly Sourav said that Eden cannot be denied of the matches. If the matches don't happen here there will be no Kolkata Team and Sourav will not be the captain of the team. He will be up for bidding, '' Prasun said.

'' There will be no players taken from this catchment area and so four Ranji player and four U-22 player from the Eastern Zone will lose the opportunity of rubbing shoulders with the world's best for 60 days and seven matches. It will be a disaster for cricket and the fans who want to see the games, '' he said.

Biswaroop Dey, the spokesperson of the opposition, said, '' We have asked the CAB to distribute 70 per cent of the funds to the affiliated members for the IPL matches, after retaining the 30 per cent. Just as BCCI will retain 30 per cent of the money it gets and distribute the rest 70 per cent to its staging and non-staging members proportionately. '' UNI BA SJC AB RS2128

Story first published: Monday, February 18, 2008, 22:04 [IST]
Other articles published on Feb 18, 2008
Please Wait while comments are loading...