Get Instant News Updates
Enable
x
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Done
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
For Quick Alerts
ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
For Daily Alerts

VIDEO: 'Do you want me to retire?', 'journalist' MS Dhoni stuns scribe after World T20 exit

Mumbai, April 1: Despite the pain of India's exit from the ICC World Twenty20 semi-final last night (March 31), captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni displayed his funny side when asked about retirement. (Scroll down to watch the video)

Match report</a>; WT20 Special Site; <a href=Photos" title="Match report; WT20 Special Site; Photos" />Match report; WT20 Special Site; Photos

At the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Thursday night, India were beaten by 7 wickets by West Indies, chasing down 193. This put an end to title favourites India's campaign.

MS Dhoni plays an unorthodox shot during India's World T20 semi-final against West Indies

In the post- match press conference, an Australian journalist Sam Ferris asked the 34-year-old Dhoni whether he would continue playing after the World T20 exit. (Rahim 'happy' India lost)

"Captain Cool" stunned the journalist and the rest of the mediapersons in the room by asking the Australian to come over and sit next to him. (Dhoni blasts journalist)

"Come here, let's have some fun. I am serious, come here," Dhoni said, to which, the Austrlian had no other option than to oblige. (Journalist shares his story of 'sit-down' with Dhoni)

With a arm around the Australian's right shoulder, Dhoni started questioning the writer himself.

"Do you want me to retire?," the skipper questioned the Australian, to which he replied, "No, I don't. I was just asking."

The wicketkeeper-batsman continued, "I was hoping it was an Indian media guy because I can't really ask you if you have a son or a brother who can play for India as a wicketkeeper."

Next came this. "Do you think I am unfit, looking at me running?"

The journalist was honest. He answered, "No. You are very fast". Yes he is right. Dhoni is still one of the quickest runners between the wickets.

"Do you think I can survive till the 2019 World Cup?," Dhoni asked.

"You should, yes, sure," the journalist said.

"Then you have answered the question," said Dhoni sending the mediapersons into laughter.

"I wish it was an Indian media person. Then I would have asked if he has a son who is a wicketkeeper and ready to play. He would have said no, then I would have said maybe a brother who is a wicketkeeper and who is ready to play.

"You fired the wrong ammunition at the wrong time," Dhoni concluded.

This was not the first time questions have been raised over Dhoni's future as an international cricketer. And as always, India's best limited over captain has giving a fitting reply, though this time, in a different way.

OneIndia News

Story first published: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 7:30 [IST]
Other articles published on Aug 3, 2017