London, October 22: Superstar 22-year-old Kylian Mbappe is expected to leave Paris Saint-Germain at the end of this season.
Real Madrid have long courted the France international and are expected to secure his signature.
PSG remain hopeful of Mbappe extending his contract but there could be another twist in the transfer saga.
Madrid's LaLiga rivals Barcelona appear ready to make a surprise move.
TOP STORY – BARCELONA READY FOR MBAPPE MOVE
Barcelona believe they can outspend Madrid and land Mbappe from PSG, according to AS.
Despite their financial challenges, the Catalans intend to hijack their rivals' move for Mbappe, who will be a free agent in mid-2022.
Barcelona's salary cap will increase by then and vice president Eduard Romeu reportedly wants to make one major signing.
- ESPN reports that Erling Haaland will demand a salary of £30million (€35m) per year for his expected transfer from Borussia Dortmund next year. Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City and Bayern Munich are among those chasing the Norwegian.
- Eden Hazard could return to Chelsea with the Blues interested in a deal for the Real Madrid midfielder, claims El Nacional.
- Everton have set their sights on a January deal for Manchester United's Jesse Lingard, according to Football Insider.
- Marca claims that Newcastle are ready to splash out £67m (€80m) to sign Porto's Colombian striker Luis Diaz.
- Manchester City are set to enter the race for Ajax's 21-year-od Brazil international Antony alongside Barcelona, according to El Nacional.