Barcelona, January 2: Neymar is reportedly preparing a fresh strategy in his bid to return to Barcelona.
The Paris Saint-Germain star was linked heavily with a move back to Camp Nou during the close season but ended up staying with the Ligue 1 giants.
However, Neymar seemingly still has his eyes set on a return to La Liga's reigning champions.
TOP STORY – NEYMAR PREPARES FRESH BARCELONA RETURN BID
Neymar is preparing a legal strategy to return to Barcelona, according to Sport.
The 27-year-old wants to make the move and let FIFA impose the compensation he will have to pay to PSG to be released, the report says.
Neymar has scored nine goals in 12 games this season, having struggled with injuries.
- Christian Eriksen is wanted by several European heavyweights. Inter have expressed an interest in the Tottenham midfielder, according to the Daily Mail. Manchester United, PSG and Juventus have also been linked to the Denmark international, who is out of contract at season's end.
- Staying at Spurs, Napoli and Ajax are preparing to move for Jan Vertonghen, according to The Telegraph. Vertonghen is also out of contract at the end of the season.
- After missing out on Dejan Kulusevski to Juventus, Inter are setting up to land two major transfers ahead of 2020-21. La Gazzetta dello Sport believes the Nerazzurri will try to sign Fiorentina star Federico Chiesa and Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali.
- While they are eyeing Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal, Inter will try to make Stefano Sensi's move from Sassuolo a permanent one in January, reports CalcioMercato. Sensi arrived on loan in July last year with an option to buy at the end of the season.
- Daniel Sturridge could be set for a return to the Premier League. The Sun claims Aston Villa could be set to offer the former Liverpool forward, who is playing for Trabzonspor, a return to England.