New Delhi, May 17: The organisers of the ISSF World Cup in Dorset have apologised to the Indian shooters for ill-treatment meted out to them by the transport staff.
"A meeting was held between our representatives and the organisers where they apologised. I have spoken to our team manager T Padmanabhan, who was at the meeting. We have asked for a written apology from them and are currently waiting for the letter," said National Rifles Association of India (NRAI) Secretary Rajib Bhatia while briefing the reporters on the development.
Mr Padmanabhan wrote to the Indian High Commission in London on Sunday, May 16 on two instances when the Indian athletes were harassed by ISSF transport staff.
The Dorset transport staff's behavior also came to the notice of Sports Minister MS Gill, who sought a detailed report on the incident.
The harassment of the Indian shooters also became a threat to the Indo-Britain ties with Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur taking the a strong note on the 'unfortunate' incident.
In an incident that took place on Friday, May 14, some of the shooters were left behind at the range by the bus driver who was supposed to take the athletes from the venue to their hotels.
Two days before this, two women shooters were asked to get off the bus, said Mr Padmanabhan.
While the organisers had earlier blamed the Indian shooters saying that they misbehaved with the transport staff, they had no other option but to apologise following the immense pressure put on them by the authorities.