"We have lifted the Wankhede ban from Shah Rukh Khan," Ashish Shelar, vice president, MCA, told media persons here on Sunday.
For the third year, running after the ruckus he had created in 2012, Shah Rukh Khan wasn't allowed to witness the key IPL cricket contest between his side Kolkata Knight Riders and home team Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium.
The MCA banned the KKR owner for five years from entering their premises, including the Wankhede Stadium, after the actor was involved in an ugly skirmish with security staff and officials of MCA following KKR's victory over MI on May 16, 2012 at the stadium.
Last year MCA was willing to lift the ban on the actor temporarily in order to host the June 2 final before it was taken away and allotted to Bengaluru by the Cricket Board.
On May 16 this year, however, Shah Rukh witnessed defending champions KKR taking on Rajasthan Royals at the Brabourne Stadium here which is owned by another BCCI affiliate - Cricket Club of India - and is just a stone's throw away from the Wankhede Stadium.
MCA's decision over lifting ban on SRK's entry on Friendship Day (Aug 2) has brought huge relief for all the SRK fans who will now get a chance to see him at the Wankhede Stadium. They are commenting upon social media over MCA's sudden change of stand.
Wankhede Stadium me rahunga main..ghar nahi nahin jaoonga main : SRK #KingRoxx— Taran Adarsh (@BeingLegend_97) August 2, 2015
Meanwhile, on the issue BCCI-imposed ban on tainted player Ankeet Chavan, the association said it will not oppose the board's decision.