London, September 24: Real Madrid have set their sights on Mauricio Pochettino to be their next coach and they are also interested in a Premier League star, according to reports.
Pochettino has regularly been linked with a move away from Tottenham, where he has impressed since taking charge in 2014.
And the La Liga giants are said to be eyeing the Argentinian amid pressure on Zinedine Zidane.
TOP STORY – REAL MADRID EYEING POCHETTINO, STERLING
Real Madrid are ready to make an approach for Pochettino, according to The Mirror.
The Tottenham manager will be Madrid's top target if they decide to replace Zidane, the report says.
Madrid eased the pressure on Zidane with a 1-0 win at Sevilla on Sunday, moving them level on points with La Liga leaders Athletic Bilbao.
Meanwhile, The Athletic reports Madrid met with Manchester City star Raheem Sterling's representatives during the off-season and the attacker is keen to play for the LaLiga giants one day, while the Premier League champions are confident the England international will stay.
- Manchester United have made a poor start to the season, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set to get backing in January. The Daily Mail reports United will back Solskjaer if he wants to strengthen his team, who are eighth in the table.
- Needing to bolster their defence, Juventus could make a move for Paris Saint-Germain full-back Thomas Meunier in January, according to Tuttosport. A deal could include midfielder Emre Can heading to Paris.
- Previously linked with Manchester United, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is set to renew his contract at Lazio, according to Il Messaggero. The deal, to be worth €3m per season, will reportedly be done by December.
- Mario Mandzukic is still unsure about his future. Tuttosport reports clubs in Qatar are still trying to sign the Juventus striker, but the Croatian may instead wait for a move to the Premier League in January.
- Italy youth international Sandro Tonali is catching the eye at Brescia. AC Milan and Manchester United are monitoring the 19-year-old midfielder, according to Calciomercato.
- Staying at Milan, Calciomercato says the Serie A giants are still looking at PSV forward Donyell Malen. The 20-year-old Netherlands international has scored seven goals in six Eredivisie games this season.